The Bookshop Barista (I love that name) nominated me for the ‘Liebster Award’. To be honest, I don’t know if any of us bloggers knows what that means, at least I sure didn’t. So I looked up the word and I think it basically means ‘dearest’. Anyways, check out the Bookshop Barista’s lovely blog.
Onto the rules;
1. Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs. (I am NOT going to nominate that many people… That’s a lot of people.)
5. Notify those blogs of their nomination.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
Now for the questions, my dears.
1. Favorite book?
Well I wouldn’t say I have an all-time favorite book, but one of my favorites is Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. Such a beautiful, sad, moving, and important book.
2. What type of music do you find yourself listening to most?
Okay so I use Spotify to listen to music, and if you have premium, they give you a review of your year at the end of the year, and they tell you cool stuff like what artist and what song and what genre you listened to most. It told me the genre I listened to most is ‘Neo Mellow’ which I had absoloutly no idea that a genre named that even existed. Anyways, the genre includes songs by Five for Fighting, Daniel Powter, Gregory Alan Isakov, and The Head and the Heart. So almost indie chill sorta? But I listen to soooooo many types of music, 40s, 50s, 60s, country, pop, Christian, indie, instrumental, crooners, jazz, folk music, opera, soundtrack, bluegrass, and even a little electronic. So yeah…
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Italy. Without a doubt. I’ve always wanted to live there, and when we visited there, I knew that would have to. I’m seriously hoping to live there for at least 6 months when I’m like in my 20s.
4. Have any siblings? How many?
Yes! I have six siblings, all older than me. (I also have two brothers-in-law and a sister-in-law.) We also babysit my two nephews during week days, so they’re basically like little brothers.
5. What color is you bedroom?
Oh yeah! I was gonna do a room tour! Once I finsh putting up all my decor I shall do that. Anyways I have several colors in my room. I have a dark indigo wall with white splotted all over, like a night sky. I have a mellow soft-ish blue on most of the other walls and the ceiling, and in my window seat I have a pinkish-red (the only pink I actually like) that reflects sunlight so beautifully.
6. Do you like road trips? Or not so much?
Yeah! For the most part. I normally enjoy them. I wish cars were more comfortable and everyone could control their own air with out affecting other people, but I love listening to music, reading books, watching movies, eating snacks, taking pictures, seeing new places, and staring out the window dramatically.
7. Is there any food you will not eat for anything?
Well I mean for a couple thousand dollars maybe, but yeah, I’m a picky eater. I don’t like tomatoes, meat that has pink, mangoes, coconut/coconut flavored things, and lots more.
8. What are your hobbies?
Well, photography, blogging, crafting, painting, singing, pretending/attempting to play guitar, banjo, and ukulele, thrift shopping, movies, pinterest, and eating haha.
9. Favorite movie?
Wow so many tough questions. I’m gonna go with Mary Poppins, The Patriot, Return to Me, Enchanted, Saving Mr. Banks, Cinderella (2015), and Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. But I like so many movies.
10. Favorite musical? If you have one.
Probably Mary Poppins and Sound of Music. Because Julie Andrews = #bomb.com But I do enjoy many musicals.
11. Favorite/usual coffee drink? It can be tea if you’re not a coffee person.
Makes me happy you noted that maybe not everyone in the world loves coffee. I personally dislike coffee. So I love Bigelow’s Vanilla Chai Tea, and basically any chai tea. But tea in general is just awesome. Also hot cocoa is amazing.
Alright, now for eleven random facts about me:
- I am basicaly allergic to Asian cuisine. Even the smell nauseates me.
- I fell out a second story window once. Now, thankfully, I didn’t land on the ground, there was a roof beneath, but it was very scary. I was probably eight or so.
- I have technically been to five countries, because, the Vatican in Italy is actually the smallest country in the world. I don’t normally count it though.
- I really don’t like white chocolate. At all. There’s this one type of cookie that is dipped in white chocolate and that’s about the only white chocolate thing I like.
- I’ve had this blog for almost two years!
- I have never broken a bone.
- I have held a baby fox before, at a wildlife rescue thingy at our old library.
- I am afraid of frogs, sharp things that can puncture my skin, and wading deep in a big body of water.
- I strongly dislike the smell of lavender.
- I like old movies and music. And by old I mean 1930s-1950s, not like the 90s.
- Rain makes me incredibly happy. Also, I always prefer to be colder than warmer.
That was so difficult, way more difficult than you would think. I don’t know why coming up with eleven facts is so hard but it is.
Here are the questions for the the people I am nominating:
- What book were you expecting to be amazing, but it wasn’t?
- Have you any irrational fears?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
- If you could have lived in any decade, which decade would that be?
- Which do you think is more poetical: The sea, or the sky?
- How long have you had your blog?
- What do you think of people who buy everything name brand?
- Have you ever seen a play in a theater? If so which ones and how many?
- What fictional world do you wish you could live in?
- Does the idea of being a celebrity or famous person appeal to you?
- If you could eat any food right this minute, what would it be?
Now to tag some people. Not eleven, but some. I nominate:
- Faith from Story of Fire
- Clara from Clara & Co.
- Deborah from The Road of a Writer
- Kate from Story and Dark Chocolate
And that’s all I’m gonna nominate. Note to those of you whom I did nominate, please do nooooot feel obligated to do the tag, it’s fine if you don’t, my feelings will not be hurt haha, I just think y’all deserve the award 😉