First of all, may I say, Happy New Year! 2016 was a pretty good year. Interesting, and as every other year I’ve lived through, full of changes, some good, some bad, and some in-between.
January, February, March, April
Okay… Umm… Well, I’m sure something happened in January, but I really can’t think of anything significant. February was a good month, because, low-and-behold! here is a blog! I created ‘An Attempt to be Classic’ in February, though I didn’t do much with it for several months, I would know like to think it’s running smoothly. March… I can’t remember much about this month either, but I do know that was the month my Grandpa died. So that was very sad. I don’t have any grandparents anymore, and he was so wonderful! April, we had his funeral in Oregon, and I got to see some relatives I hadn’t seen in ages, which was very interesting.
May, June, July, August
In May, my sister graduated high school, so I’m left here alone (well, kinda, my mom’s homeschooling my nephews, too). The first half of June was rotten, ’cause I was bed-ridden from a seriously sprained ankle for weeks. But the latter half was great, we went to Idaho/Wyoming and saw the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone, and it was a pretty good time. July was terrific, definitely one of the highlighted months of 2016. I went to a camp and then got to spend a good long time with some friends, and it was a pretty jolly time. In August, our family had its traditional family vacation, in a rather run down but fun place and we had a pretty good time, although, like all family get-togethers, it was not without its troubles.
September, October, November
(You can hear about my December in my Winter Review in a few months)
So September wasn’t very exciting, we went to a great concert, and were in great anticipation of our upcoming trip, and lots of running around packing and preparing. October was amazing, our trip was fantastic. November was pretty chill but Thanksgiving was great.
Sometimes days I felt like this:
And occasionally, I woke up like this:
some favorite quotes i found this year
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or we can rejoice that thorn bushes have roses.” ~Abraham Lincoln
“Sometimes you gotta remember; not everyone was raised the way you were.”
“I am homesick for a place I am not even sure exists, one where my heart is full. And my soul is understood.”
“Maybe I love too much and maybe I show too little.” ~r.m. drake
Goals Met/Accomplishments in 2016
- From November of 2015 to December 2016, I lost 50 pounds, and since just June, I lost 30 pounds. I needed to lose them. It was incredibly difficult, and incredibly worth it. It was a long, long journey, and if I hadn’t given up or slacked off as much, I could have lost it all so much faster. At Thanksgiving it was great being enourgaed as people told me how noticable it was and how muhc healthier I’m looking, but shortly after Thanksgiving I got discouraged just by comparing myself to others. It’s so hard to get back on track sometimes, but I can do it, I’ve done it before! (Also, it’s really amusing when people are like “Lis, you look so great, you’ve lost so much!” and I’m stuffing potatoe chips or something like that in my mouth.)
- I kept a book log this year, and that’s been really interesting. I hit my goal of and passed it by . So I’m pretty happy with myself, and I am definetly going to keep a book log again this year.
- I started learning the guitar, and although I am not very good at all, it has been really fun and it’s great to be able to play a little bit.
- I traveled to two countries this year, both of which were on my mental bucket list, so yay!
- Oh yes, and this is really, really awesome, perhaps the best part of the year, I got an amazing camera! I love, love, love it, having it around is so nice and such a blessing, and soon I’ll be doing family photos several families I know, which is awesome!
This year seemed kinda crazy, and it’s really interesting having a blog, because you’re recording parts of your life and then you can just look back. But, this year! So weird and good and I feel like I’m finally older, I’m not a little kid at all anymore (I mean, I haven’t been for a few years, but I feel completely not a little kid).
I hope you had a good year, and will have an even better 2017! Oh my goodness, guys! This is 2017!!!! Yay! Happy New Year!